Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Rs. 15 Lakh sanctioned by Goa Govt.
CM pledges fin help to boost Romi Konkani
21 Dec 2008, 0012 hrs IST, TNN
(THE TIMES OF INDIA)
MARGAO: Chief minister Digambar Kamat, speaking at the Romi Konkani Writers Summit at Ravindra Bhavan in Margao on Saturday said that all financial help will be provided by the government for the development of Konkani in the Roman script.
Kamat said that Rs 15 lakh have already been sanctioned by the government for the cause. He said that in the last cabinet meeting it was already decided that a tiatr academy be set up.
Acting president of the sammelan, Vincy Quadros, president of Dalgado Konknni Akademi, Premanand Lotlikar and secretary of the sammelan, Tarkeshwar Naik were also present.
Fr Pratap Naik, director of Thomas Stephen's Konknni Kendre, Porvorim was the guest speaker for the occassion. Two Romi Konkani books besides a souvenir were released at the event. Octavio Rodrigues was felicitated for promoting cultural activities, Cursinho Pinho and Elly Fernandes for their contribution to journalism, Esminia Dias, for promotion of folk dances and Patrick Dourado for the promotion of tiatr.
‘Proposed Tiatr Academy to become reality soon’
MARGAO, OCT 13
Chief Minister, Digambar Kamat has said that the proposed Tiatr Academy will become a reality later this month.
“The government has framed the Constitution to guide the functioning of the Academy. The Tiatr Academy should fall in place by this month”, Kamat said, while addressing a function held to mark the second anniversary of Konkani monthly magazine Jivit.
The Chief Minister informed the gathering about the steps taken by his government to promote Konkani in Roman script.
Various speakers, including deputy Speaker of the Goa Legislative Assembly, Mauvin Godinho, urged the government to work out an advertising policy for newspapers and magazines published in regional languages.
Tomazinho Cardozo said the government’s new advertisement will affect the small newspapers and magazines published in the regional language and called for a separate policy for the periodicals in regional languages.
Cardozo also raised the demand for according official status for Konkani in Roman script for the development of Konkani language.
Mauvin Godinho, Vincy Quadros and others echoed similar sentiments when they urged the government to protect the interest of small newspapers and periodicals published in local languages.
Noted Konkani activist, Eric Ozario also spoke.
- ► November (8)
- ► October (46)
- ► September (80)
- ► August (98)
- ► July (64)
- ► June (36)
- ► May (45)
- ► October (8)
- ► September (15)
- ► August (15)
- ► July (16)
- ► June (23)
- ► May (46)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (49)
- ► October (87)
- ► September (24)
- ► August (25)
- ► July (72)
- ► June (32)
- Romi Konkani move elicits mixed reaction
- Idea in Motion to set up 'Tiatr Academy' - CM
- Tiatr academy will be set up soon
- Tiatr Academy will give boost to tiatrist
- 50 golden years celebrations of Santan H Viegas
- Equal status sought for Roman script of Konkani
- Rs. 15 Lakh sanctioned by Goa Govt.
- Goa Budget 2008-09 highlights allocation to set-up...
- Tomazinho Cardozo is appointed Tiatr Academy presi...
- Govt scripting yet another row over Tiatr Academy?...
- Goan Tiatr Academy
- Tiatrists keeping fingers crossed over Tiatr Acade...
- Goa Govt. to set up a Tiatr Academy
- Konkani Tiatr Academy to be formed in Jan: CM
- Tiatr Academy of Goa to be inaugurated by Master V...
- Tiatr Akademi - A Big Responsibility
- ▼ Feb 11 (16)
- A big e-welcome to you. Tumcam Maie-mogacho ieukar. Enjoy Life - This is not a rehearsal! Konkani uloi, boroi, vach ani samball - sodankal. Hich Goenchi osmitai ani amchem khalxelponn. Goenchi amchi Konkani bhas! Ekvottachem saddon Goenkaranchem. This is Gaspar Almeida from Parra, Bardez, Goa, based in Kuwait and am connected with the www.goa-world.com website created by Ulysses Menezes, and as Moderator of the famous first of its kind Gulf-Goans e-Newsletter (since 1994) and The Goan Forum and several Goan and Indian associations and forums and e-forums in Goa, India, Kuwait, The Middle East and worldwide.