Monday, July 6, 2009
Clara - Acted for over 22 years in Roseferns Troupe
Lidvinda Anastasia Clara Correia e Dias, known as Clara
on the Konkani stage, was born in Mumbai on April 14, 1946.
While she was singing for the Cuckoo Band, she was spotted
by a tiatrist Domnick Vaz. Soon the talented singer began performing
in the plays of renowned Konkani tiatrists.
She also acted in Konkani films "Zababdari" and "Moriad".
She has been consistently acting for Roseferns for the last 21 years.
To date she has performed in more than 150 plays. While adressing the audience on behalf of the artists who had been felicitated, Clara thanked the tiatr audience, which she claimed had spurred her to give better pefromances. She said that she was thankful to her understanding parents, who allowed her to participate in the tiatr, at a time when few parents encouraged their daughters to take to acting.
- ► November (8)
- ► October (46)
- ► September (80)
- ► August (98)
- ► July (64)
- ► June (36)
- ► May (45)
- ► October (8)
- ► September (15)
- ► August (15)
- ► July (16)
- ► June (23)
- ► May (46)
- ► December (29)
- ► November (49)
- ► October (87)
- ► September (24)
- ► August (25)
- Konkani Tiatr "Him Tujim Pavlam" touches ‘super hi...
- The stars of yesterday
- Schemes and Activities of Tiatr Academy Goa for 20...
- Clara - Acted for over 22 years in Roseferns Troup...
- Socorro de Verna
- Public Meeting of tiatrists and MLAs
- 'Mumbai-based tiatrists ignored'
- Meet Tiatrist IGNATIUS De XELVON
- Tiatr - Monis Moga Khatir Jietat
- Tiatr in U.K.
- Kala Academy's Khell Tiatr Festival 2009
- ▼ Jul 06 (11)
- ► June (32)
- A big e-welcome to you. Tumcam Maie-mogacho ieukar. Enjoy Life - This is not a rehearsal! Konkani uloi, boroi, vach ani samball - sodankal. Hich Goenchi osmitai ani amchem khalxelponn. Goenchi amchi Konkani bhas! Ekvottachem saddon Goenkaranchem. This is Gaspar Almeida from Parra, Bardez, Goa, based in Kuwait and am connected with the www.goa-world.com website created by Ulysses Menezes, and as Moderator of the famous first of its kind Gulf-Goans e-Newsletter (since 1994) and The Goan Forum and several Goan and Indian associations and forums and e-forums in Goa, India, Kuwait, The Middle East and worldwide.